Join our team in
Why Peoria? Let us explain
Why Peoria? Why Not?
Nestled in the heart of the Illinois River Valley, Peoria is the largest Illinois metropolitan area outside of Chicago and St. Louis. The fertile soil and river transportation made the area ideal for early European settlers and created the perfect birthplace for a city rich in heritage, commerce and industry.
The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis were founded in Peoria on July 16, 1877, and the city remains home base for the OSF HealthCare Ministry, which has grown to include 14 hospitals and more than 147 care sites.
Regarded as an ideal blend of urban, suburban and rural influences, the Greater Peoria area offers a lower cost of living, easy commutes and amenities that appeal to an array of lifestyles. In Peoria, you’ll find this and more:
- An educated populace fueled by respected universities and medical school
- Breathtaking scenery, expansive parklands and abundant recreation options for all ages
- Arts and entertainment scene with national impact
- Professional and NCAA Division I college sports
- Large and eclectic selection of locally owned food and drink establishments with domestic and international flavor
Also, check out hellogreaterpeoria.us.
Note: Business hours and activities may have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please call ahead or check websites for up-to-date info.
OSF Talent Network
Stay up to date on jobs, news and more.