Join our team in
Evergreen Park, Illinois
Experience Chicago from the proximity
of one of its original suburbs.
City lights, suburban nights
If you thrive on the hustle of a major city, but still need a friendly neighborhood to call home, Evergreen Park could be perfect for you.
Founded in 1893, Evergreen Park is one of America’s oldest suburbs, bordered on three sides by the City of Chicago, which was unsuccessful in attempts to annex the village. Today, 20,000 residents make their home in Evergreen Park, named for a grove of pine trees at 97th Street and South Homan Avenue. The site is now part of a six-acre park.
Single-family homes on tree-lined streets dominate the village, which boasts a strong sense of community. By far the biggest employer is OSF HealthCare Little Company of Mary Medical Center. Evergreen Park has two public school districts, covering grades K-12, plus there are several parochial and private schools in the area. Local arts, entertainment and recreation opportunities abound.
And the lights of the big city are at your doorstep: Chicago’s Gold Coast along Lake Michigan and the Miracle Mile retail district; world-class dining, art and music; franchises in every major professional sports league. Commuter rail and other public transportation make all of it easily accessible
- Chicago Midway International Airport, just minutes from the village.
- Scores of colleges and universities in the area, from community colleges to renowned institutions like the University of Chicago
- Abundant outdoor activities in the Forest Preserves of Cook County
- Popular annual community events, such as the South Side Irish Parade
- And world-class health care at OSF Little Company of Mary
Learn more about Evergreen Park. Photo credit: The Beverly Arts Center
Note: Business hours and activities may have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please call ahead or check websites for up-to-date info.
OSF Talent Network
Stay up to date on jobs, news and more.