Join our team in
Build your future in a heartland community.
Sky high on down-to-earth living
Among trivia buffs, Danville is probably best known as the childhood home of Hollywood comedians Dick and Jerry Van Dyke. But there is nothing trivial about the quality of life 33,000 residents of Danville enjoy.
Danville offers more than a dozen active arts organizations, from the Lincoln Park Theater to the Danville Light Opera Company, and a downtown full of giant murals created by the world-famous Walldogs. Recreation opportunities abound with 17 parks and four golf courses, and there is a nice selection of locally owned shops and restaurants.
Tucked against the Illinois-Indiana border on Interstate 74, Danville is an easy 90-mile drive to Indianapolis, home of the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway and widely regarded as the amateur sports capital of the United States. Danville is also just 35 miles from the University of Illinois flagship campus in Urbana-Champaign.
Known as the gateway to the Looking for Lincoln National Heritage Area, Danville mixes a reverence for the past with a vibrant present and vision for the future that includes:
- High quality of life with a lower cost of living
- Home of Danville Area Community College
- Strong public and private school systems, plus easy access to Big Ten higher education
- Unique annual festivals, such as Balloons Over Vermilion
- World-class health care with OSF HealthCare Sacred Heart Medical Center
OSF Talent Network
Stay up to date on jobs, news and more.