Join our team in
Experience the best in western Illinois
The Friendliest Town in America
Midwesterners have a reputation as friendly people, and Kewanee is officially the prime example. According to the 2013 edition of Rand McNally Best of the Road, Kewanee is “The Friendliest Town in America.”
For those who seek a great balance between urban amenities and small-town living, Kewanee is all you could ask for. With a population of about 12,000 residents, Kewanee is a regional retail center and is known throughout the Midwest as a destination for furniture shopping. It’s also known as the “Hog Capital of the World.”
West-central Illinois is a haven for outdoors lovers, with boundless opportunities for hunting, fishing, hiking, cycling, boating, camping and more. Kewanee is conveniently located on an Amtrak line, and it’s an easy drive to Galesburg, Peoria and the Quad Cities.
The west-central Illinois region also offers:
- High quality of life with a lower cost of living
- Strong community school systems and an array of higher education choices
- The Mississippi River valley and a host of fine parks and historic sites
- A trove of big-time small-town festivals
- World-class health care, with OSF HealthCare hospitals in Kewanee, Galesburg and Monmouth
Learn more about Kewanee and Henry County. Photo credits: Illinois Department of Natural Resources and Jack Breedlove
Note: Business hours and activities may have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please call ahead or check websites for up-to-date info.
OSF Talent Network
Stay up to date on jobs, news and more.
For Provider information click below