Join our team in
Experience the best in western Illinois
A perfect place to break away
If you’re looking to break away from city living without giving up access to the amenities, Monmouth is a perfect place to settle.
With a population of about 10,000 residents, Monmouth is well known to antique hounds. It’s a regional destination for people who like boutiques and small art shops or a diverse selection of dining options.
Historic Monmouth College gives the community an upscale feel. Outdoors lovers will find bountiful opportunities for hunting, fishing, hiking, cycling, camping and more, and it’s just a short drive to the banks of the mighty Mississippi River. Bigger-city amenities and two international airports, in Peoria and the Quad Cities, are less than an hour’s drive.
The west-central Illinois region also offers
- High quality of life with a lower cost of living
- Strong community school systems and an array of higher education choices
- The Mississippi River valley and a host of fine parks and historic sites
- A trove of big-time small-town festivals, such as Monmouth’s own Prime Beef Festival
- World-class health care, with OSF HealthCare hospitals in Monmouth, Galesburg and Kewanee.
Learn more about Monmouth and the surrounding area. Photo credit: Photos courtesy of Monmouth College
Note: Business hours and activities may have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please call ahead or check websites for up-to-date info.
OSF Talent Network
Stay up to date on jobs, news and more.